Thursday, May 14, 2009

Because of Winn-Dixie

Author: Kate DiCamillo

Setting(Where): Naomi, Florida

Main Characters(Who): Winn-Dixie the dog, Opal the little girl, the preacher

Main Ideas(What): Opal finds a dog in the Winn-Dixie grocery store. The grocery store was going to call the pound, but Opal claimed the dog as hers even though it was not. She named the dog after the grocery store. Winn-Dixie helped Opal make some unusual friends and Opal gave Winn-Dixie a happy home.

I liked the book because it was a story of a 10 year old girl and her dog. I have read this story numerous times and enjoy it more each time.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I am so proud of you, and can't wait to hear about all the books you read!! Plus maybe Mommy and I can find one for our book club that you recommended!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the movie! Wish I had more time to read!

    ReplyDelete